Sunday, October 12, 2008

After these commercials.... we'll be right back!

Well, it's been one interesting journey these past two weeks. We've had some real emotional moments along our journey this month and we have been humbled and reminded of God's unfailing love. Recently, we lost a dear friend of ours and his death has been sobering and a reminder that the days we have are short. He will be missed but we will remember him as we strive to encourage our young people here to open their lives to others and reach out to their friends.

This past week included Thomas traveling to Budapest for soccer games and then returning home to find his wife a little sick. I ended up in the hospital for dehydration and to receive an IV. I'm feeling much better now, just slow to recover!

But even with all the emotional events we've had good ones too! This past Saturday night we hosted our Junior class event "Showtime!" at the school. It was a great time of fellowship and team building moments for our class as we prepared for the fun. We had game shows such as "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" and "Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader?". Plus, we ended the evening with "Don't Forget the Lyrics" in which Thomas participated with 3 other staff members and eventually won. Let me mention that he did win by singing "Bye, Bye, Bye" NSync style.

AND
We have Spiritual Emphasis week beginning tomorrow at school. We're so excited to have some good ole southern folks here with us for this special time. Please pray with us as we take this week to challenge some in their faith and answer some questions from those students who are new to VCS or who have never understood this God thing. It will be amazing to see what God will do and how he will use the team. Thomas is working with them as Chaplain and he's really looking forward to how this will affect and impact our student body.


That's all for now.........we'll post pics soon to give some color to these black and white words!


2 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better! My heart is so full when I read of all the opportunities your family has because of your willingness to follow the Lord. Be encouraged! We love you!

The Correspondent said...

I hope you guys are doing well. You've been on my mind a lot recently, and I even dreamed about you one night this week.

You might appreciate this: I just watched my first M. Night Shyamalan movie (Lady in the Water). It's probably one of his tamest flicks, but more my speed than the others, I imagine. I enjoyed it in an eerie-bedtime-story sort of way.