Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Friday, February 22, 2008
Friday, February 15, 2008
Saturday, February 09, 2008
Whenever I really start to miss my friends and family back in the States, it seems that God gives me some really cool experience over here that I otherwise would never have had. Last Wednesday some good friends of ours, the Pachecos, invited me to go with them to see Austria & Germany play soccer in the national stadium here in Vienna. I personally didn't care much for seeing the Austrian team, but I was really excited about seeing Germany.
It was a great game with Germany coming up with a 3-0 win. All of the goals were scored at the end of the field directly in front of us. I know people in the states get really passionate about college football but the level of chanting and singing at a European soccer game really beats anything I've ever experienced at an American sporting event. Here are some videos of the Austrian and German national anthems (jeered and whistled by each set of opposing fans).
This video is of the German fans chanting while the Austrian team was being announced.
So here we go:
1. I love staying at home all day long. I don't even have to go outside! There are several days where I haven't made it outside at all!
2. I love doing the dishes!! I could wash dishes all day long and I'm quite a perfectionist at it.
3. My one dream job is to repaint and distress furniture to look antique. Of course, I would have an old barn as my entire workspace and this barn would be on a beautiful property in the country :) ( I currently paint when I can....but to be full time would be amazing!)
4. I married my high school sweetheart and I'm so in love with him. He is an amazing man and I love him more everyday as he promotes me and finds out how I can use my talents in the ministry here in Vienna.
5. My favorite thing to do is play the piano for hours at night with all the lights turned off in the house and only the piano lamp on. Doing this in an empty house is even better because I can play and sing my heart out without anyone hearing. This is when I feel God....
6. I find such enjoyment in organizing and cleaning out boxes or rooms. I love to help others do this and get so excited about completely changing the look of a room or closet. Organizing is healing for me and anytime you need some help.... call me! ( unless of course you're in the States, I won't make it there for awhile :)
7. I like to jump out and scare my kids... hee hee. I'll start hysterically laughing at them to get them to laugh and then make crazy faces at them. Thomas tells everyone this is why our kids are hyper and silly. He thinks it might damage them for life, but I just can't help it! It's so fun!!! :)
Ok that's all!
I tag Erica!
Sunday, February 03, 2008
Recently, I (mollie) started getting up before my children and enjoying some quiet time. This sunrise greeted me one morning and I couldn't resist capturing the moment. I love this alone time to think, read, & pray. It has been my life saver for getting through the day and accomplishing the tasks required. If you don't do this, I highly encourage you to try and wake up with the sun! Your kids will thank you!