Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Playdough


Here's our latest craft:
Playdough!!
Thad picked the color green for our first batch...we'll be making more later!

This is so easy to do and I highly recommend making it with your toddler!
here's the recipe:

2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup salt
1 TB oil
1 cup water
** add any food coloring to water before pouring it in!

Mix all of it to form smooth paste...not many lumps and then put in saucepan. Cook slowly on low until dough comes away from sides of pan and begins to form ball (7-10 min)
Take it out of pan and let cool for about 2 min. Then knead the dough for 2-3 min. Put pan to soak immediately!
Ready to play with in no time at all!

Enjoy!


1 comment:

Ashley said...

My mom made this with me once and I remember eating some and thinking it was incredibly salty. It's strange what kids remember, but I also remember how much fun I had making things with the play dough that I helped make!