Monday, April 13, 2009

Derek Webb Owns!



Mollie and I have been listening to Derek Webb while we cook in the evenings. I know this is a few years old, but I was struck again by how amazing the lyrics are. The last verse is without a doubt my favorite. What a beautiful picture of the gospel. Come to Jesus as we are, He has done the work on the cross through the breaking of His body and shedding of His blood.

I think the last line is the best (although whoever made the video I think missed the point). I think of John 4 where Jesus says "Whoever drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water that I will give him will never thirst." I freaking love that. God makes a way through Jesus for us to be reunited with Him in fellowship and that satisfies the deepest longings of our hearts.

No comments: